Our Critical Care & Flight Paramedic/Nurse course prepares you to give the best & advanced (invasive) treatment on scene or during transport – by road of by air – to or between hospitals.
This is the first & only IBSC approved course in the Benelux!
The training staff are all experienced critical care and prehospital professionals. You learn to do a patient assessment and give invasive treatments outside the hospital. You also get tips & tricks, straight from the street.
If you want you can do your IBSC examen to obtain your International certification as critical care and/or flight paramedic.
Why taking this course?
We strongly believe that a well trained, fully equipped, well staffed and a confident transport team has a huge impact on the outcome of the patient.
We get this with a comprehensive training and an examination with certification.
By combining theoretical lectures and practical skill labs with scenario’s during the course we give you a comprehensive theoretical background, but also solid practical skills. Self-study is mandatory.
- Module 1
- Airway, anesthesia & analgesic (with RSI, surgical airway, capnography, …)
- Module 2
- Lab & interpretation of blood gases
- Problems with the airway
- Ventilator settings
- Thoracic problems (with cardiac tamponade, tension pneumothorax, hemothorax, …)
- Needle decompression, finger thoracostomy, pericardiocentesis, …
- Module 3
- Cardiac: Anatomy, physiology and problems
- Hemodynamic monitoring with arterial line management
- Interpretation of 12 afl ECG
- Cardiac pacing, synchronized cardioversion and medication
- Module 4
- Type of strokes, assessment and management
- Symptoms and treatment of head injuries and spinal cord injuries
- Elevated intracranial pressure and monitoring
- Medication for the neurologic patient
- Maternal, delivery & postpartum problems, medication
- Fetal circulation & monitoring
- Anatomical & physiological differences between a neonate and a child
- Module 5
- Congenital problems
- Pediatric assessment
- Pediatric & neonatal resuscitation
- Common medical & trauma emergencies in a pediatric setting
- Pediatric pharmacology
- Vascular acces & isolette use in transport
- Module 6
- Predicting injuries by the mechanism of injury & trauma scoring systems
- Management of the critical trauma victim, fluid replacement & blood products
- Scenario training of the whole course
- Module 7
- Flight physiology
- Flight safety, approach of an aircraft
- Working in an aircraft, communication
- Scenario training in and round a helicopter
- Examination day
- IBSC CCP-C and/or FP-C exam
- Paramedics with at least 1 year experience
- Nurse (preferabel with a special degree in critical, intensive care or emergency medicine) with at least 1 year experience in an acute setting (intensive care, emergency care, prehospital car)
- Recommended a certificate of ALS, ATLS, ETC, PHTLS, ITLS, PALS, EPLS and/or AMLS
- Understand and could read English
- Willing to do self-study
- Medical Center Circuit Zolder
- Basis Medic 1 in Lint, Belgium
- Critical Care Transport, Second Edition – AAOS
- Per module
- The whole course (7 days)
- Examination day is to order separately
More details will follow!
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.